Tuesday, September 22, 2009

School Admission

Today was a hectic day for me. In the morning I woke up at 6 am and started my day with my kitchen work. My son’s interview was scheduled for today at 2PM in DPS Vasundhra. I was quite excited as well as nervous. I prepared breakfast as soon as possible. Doing my entire kitchen and other household chores I really got tired. My in-laws had just came 2 days back so we were full family today. So it was a fun time for Ayush. As we live as a nuclear family over here so whenever someone visits our place, Ayush feels good as he get lots of people to play. He was also busy playing with his grandparents and in playing he was got too involved that he was not willing to take breakfast. I tried my best to feed him but I was helpless. This was adding to my worries.

At 1pm we all left for the school. Around 1.30 we reached there. My son Ayush was excited. He asked me “mama, is that my school, bada wala Na”. He was enjoying there, to see swings, see saw and lovely lawns. We reached the reception and completed the formalities. I liked the arrangement that the school has made. All teachers were very cordial & supportive. One of the teachers asked Ayush his name. He answered promptly. He surprised me as I was not expecting that he will answer so fast. Some school children were there on duty to make atmosphere friendly for the kids who were there for the admission. Ayush was called for the interaction. I also joined my son as he started pulling me when teacher was taking him to the class. One of the teachers asked him to seat on a chair and I was standing little far from him.

She started asking some question to him:
Identify the fruit.
Sing any poem.
Identify the Shape
What your name.
Identify the picture of kite and color with violet color.

He took time to adjust to the new environment, and answered all question correct except the name of the color asked. Actually I had taught him main color only. Still I was satisfied by his interaction with the teacher.

In second round we were called to meet the principle. This time me and my husband had to answer.
She asked:

Why this school?
Where we live?
What we expect from the school?

Interview was over and result will be declared after two days. I visited the school again to see the result. I was happy to see his name there.






Website counter

3 comments:

  1. Success... that says it all...
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my kid's interaction on 25th of this month. I have applied for DLF Public school Ghaziabad. What is your openion about this school? and what should we need to prepare for our interaction. Also I have a small problem and that is my wife scares about English language. i am thinking what happen if she speaks Hindi only? she is well educated (M.A.) but week in english. what should i do in this condition? suggest me if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Manish,
    How are you, I hope you must be doing great.

    I appreciate that you read my blog.

    Q-1 I have applied for DLF Public school Ghaziabad. What is your opinion about this school?

    Ans. Sorry I don’t have much idea about the DLF School. But yes once your child get through the admission interview, then you can try to speak to some parents there who are either planning to get the admission for their child or can speak to the parents who are already have their child in that school.

    Q-2 what should we need to prepare for our interaction?

    Ans.I already discussed the question usually asked in the child interaction in my blog. Please see the link
    http://anuradhakumarv.blogspot.com/2009/09/interview-questions-for-nursery-class.html


    Q-3 Also I have a small problem and that is my wife scares about English language. I am thinking what happen if she speaks Hindi only? She is well educated (M.A.)?

    Ans.There is nothing to worry. Let her interact in whatever language she feels comfortable (Hindi or English).During interaction some question specifically asked either from mother or father. In that case, only that person should answer from whom question was asked. If the question asked is general, then the person who feels more comfortable answering that question should answer.

    ReplyDelete