Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rakhi Celebration – 4th Aug 2009

On 4th Aug 2009 I went to play school to pick up my son, Ayush. The school has organized a Rakhi Celebration for all kids. Every girl has to tie a Rakhi on boys wrists. Celebration has been orgainised So that kids enjoy it and learn at same time. These things are necessary in today’s environment where we live in a nuclear family. And now a days working parents prefer one or two kids. Where only few are lucky to have one sister and one brother combination. So kids miss lots of things we used to get in a bigger family with lots of cousins.

After reaching I asked the school staff to call Ayush. When his teacher brought him to me, he just ran toward me and hugged me tightly and started crying. I was shocked to see him behaving like this. Many things came into my mind, has teacher said something to him or any other child has hurt him while playing etc. I rushed to teacher cabin to know the reason, his teacher replied “Nothing serious as such after rakhi celebration he started crying; even we asked him the reason”.

Then I saw rakhi on his wrist, now everything was clear. I hugged him and asked him what happned. He replied sweetly “mummy didi ne mujhe rakhi bandh diya mujhe aur tika laga diya”. Actually this was his first rakhabandhan and he was not able to make out what actually was going around.

On reaching home he removed his rakhi first. I offered him his favorite mitahyi kala jamun. I lift him up and try to tell him what rakhi celebration is all about. When I told him we will visit nani’s house tomorrow for rakhi. smile came on my face on his prompt reply that “mama bhi royega jab aap rakhi bandhoge”.





Website counter

1 comment:

  1. kids are really too innocent.......
    but at same time they are too curious to know about others reaction,(against the same situation - they gone through), and after they also, try to adopt the same reaction which other do...
    :)

    ReplyDelete